Each year at Swanton Abbott Primary School, the Headteacher and staff of the school set objectives to ensure that there is equality of opportunity for all and that the requirements of the Equality Act of 2010 are met, under the public sector equality duty. Our Equality Policy can be found under the policies section of this website. As a school we are compliant with the equality duty in the Equality Act 2010 and the Regulations 2011.
Here are our equality objectives for 2022-23
- All pupils experience quality first teaching.
- All pupils are assessed, monitored and tracked regularly through the school’s Pupil Asset MIS and assessment tracker.
- Under-achievement is identified and appropriate intervention is applied.
- Pupil are able to participate in extra-curricular activities.
Behaviour and Safety
- Pupils respect one another.
- Pupils feel safe and valued.
- Pupils, staff and parents know that misconduct and gross misconduct will be challenged.
Leadership and Management
- The staff and governing body attempts to widen its diversity at every opportunity.
- No pupils (or their families) are disadvantaged academically, socially and emotionally. All staff are mindful of the academic and social needs of all children, especially potentially vulnerable children.
- Mrs Hamilton-Smith is responsible for the collection, analysis and publication of equality data including the recording of prejudice related incidents.
SENDCo: Mrs E Hamilton-Smith
If you would like to have a private chat with our SENDCo, please make an appointment via the School Office.
If you have specific questions about the Norfolk Local Offer please look at the SEND information on the Norfolk County Council website link:
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer – Norfolk